Monday, October 18, 2010

Oct-18-2010

I feel like I should do a whole thing about who I am and what I do, but the most pertinent things about me are in the profile. To wit: I draw stuff, and some of the stuff I draw, I'll be posting here.

I'll start with something I drew today (and which ended up being the header for this blog, until I find or make something better). I bought a new sketchbook today, a Pentalic "Nature Sketch" series sketchbook. Good for sketching, but thick enough to take (reasonable) amounts of water without too much warping. This is ideal, because I wanted to start doing more drawing on location, beyond just the pen-and-pencil stuff I do all the time.

The cover says it takes "pencil, charcoal, pen and ink, acrylics, pastels and watercolor", and I intend to put that to the test.

To put the paper through its paces, I tried an ink-wash pen I had on me, and this is the result of that:

...

And it's all I have for immediate use, but I have a few sketchbooks I'll be scanning for future updates, as well as what I produce on a daily basis (either for school, or just for fun.)



-- Cristian

No comments:

Post a Comment