Monday, October 18, 2010

Works in Progress

I'm designing a golem for a character designing class; not the spindly little bi-polar cave dweller we know and love, but the clay monster of Jewish folklore.

I didn't know where to go beyond "mobile lump of clay", so I shotgunned it, drawing things as they occurred to me.


I decided pretty quickly I didn't want him cute, so I went for big, hulking menace.


I briefly toyed with the idea of making him four-legged and animalistic, but that goes against the preset "slow, lumbering, and dumb" parameters. Save those for something else, I guess.




I drew this spiky guy a few hours into the project, and I like him. Huge, menacing, intimidating. You'd run from this guy if you saw him coming at you.



I kept playing with other stuff, but kept coming back to this.

Next, I'm going to work on a little individuality for it (misshaped forms, cracks, missing pieces, etc; it's made of clay, after all), then the turnaround, and that should be that.

Those'll be up tomorrow, I think.


-- Cristian

No comments:

Post a Comment